Market Analyst - Consulting Projects
4C Offshore is a leading provider of strategic market intelligence and consulting services to the rapidly growing offshore renewable energy and subsea power cables sectors. 4C’s clients include established market players and pioneering new entrants from across the entire value-chain.
Due to 4C’s continued growth, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated analyst to join our specialist Market Research Team, with a role focusing on consulting work.
You will assist in the delivery of high quality consulting reports to high profile customers. Your analysis and conclusions will support the strategic decision making of industry players. Such decisions can include large capital investments in facilities or services, market entry strategies, acquisitions, procurement and supply chain planning and due diligence for investors.
The work is highly varied in scope and content, providing an excellent opportunity to apply a range of skills and develop a comprehensive knowledge of the offshore wind industry.
Turnaround times are usually short so you must be an efficient worker and comfortable in working under pressure to strict deadlines.
You could come from a technical background and are interested in taking on a consulting and analytical role. Alternatively you may have experience in an adjacent sector and a strong interest in renewable energy.
- Working with 4C’s Market Consultant to deliver successful consulting projects to clients in the offshore wind and subsea power cable industries.
- Assisting with drafting of clear proposals.
- Undertaking deep research work to gather data, information and insights for the purpose of fulfilling the project objectives. This could be telephone, online or face-to-face based research.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of data. For example, this could include developing simple numeric models or forecasting industry growth.
- Clearly reporting recommendations, findings and methodologies. Presenting and discussing these findings with clients.
- Between periods of project work you will add value to 4C’s existing services by researching data and project intelligence for our standardised subscriptions.
- Some travel will be necessary
- Timely delivery of high quality custom research reports containing clear conclusions and comprehensive analysis.
- Satisfied, returning customers.
- New knowledge and new capability sets developed within 4C Offshore’s Market Research Team
- An undergraduate degree in a technical, numeric or business related discipline. A postgraduate qualification will be well regarded. Alternatively you may come from a media or journalism background and have a strong interest in renewable energy.
- Knowledge of the offshore wind industry or similar.
- A confident and effective communicator:
- Verbal: you have the confidence to work with high profile industry clients and are able to present, discuss, and explore complex problems with them.
- Written: Effective written English. Your writing should be clear, concise and well structured.
- Visual: You can create charts, tables, diagrams and other visual aids that clearly and accurately communicate research outputs.
- Good numerical skills including practical experience in working with Excel.
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude who takes responsibility for the completeness and quality of their work.
- Experience in networking and building relationships outside the organisation.
- Any experience of the following will be well regarded: Additional language skills, strong numerical and statistical, MS Access/SQL, GIS.
How to apply:
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
Send a copy of your CV and cover letter to Nicole Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or apply at http://www.4coffshore.com/employment.aspx.
The cover letter forms part of the application process. Therefore, kindly note that applications without a cover letter risk being rejected.
The closing date for this position: 17th July 2020
Position is full time and based in Lowestoft, UK