Purpose of the role:
Due to 4C's continued growth, exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced GIS Analyst to join the research team!
- Planning all GIS activities.
- Investigating and proposing future GIS Team activities.
- Monitoring the performance of the products and services provided by the GIS services.
- Making periodic reports to management on GIS activities.
- Evaluating technological advances and promoting usage of appropriate technology and applications among various end-users.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures to guide operations.
- Meeting regularly with IT staff to coordinate interface and utilization of data within IT.
- Ensuring the quality of GIS products and services (e.g., standards development).
- 2 years of progressive experience in a GIS environment.
- 2 years hands-on experience, working with Esri’s ArcGIS suite.
- Knowledge and experience with GIS industry principles, theories and best practices.
- Knowledge of utility company functions like Geometric Networks and Linear Referencing.
- Experience in large GIS projects above $1M.
- Ability to create reports or exports using SQL or other GIS tools.
- Ability to utilize multiple large GIS datasets with differing formats and coordinates.
- Experience with GIS mapping applications used for utility asset management.
- Substantial understanding and experience using and manipulating databases.
- Exceptional attention to detail and well developed organisational skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree (in geography, cartography, planning, computer science or related field with an emphasis in GIS/GPS).
Working Hours & Wages:
- 5 days per week (40 hours)
- Base salary dependent on experience
How to apply:
Applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom. Send a copy of your CV and cover letter to our HR department at HR@4coffshore.net or apply at http://www.4coffshore.com/employment.aspx. The cover letter forms part of the application process. Therefore, kindly note that applications without a cover letter risk being rejected.