Market Analyst (Summer Internship Opportunity)
Purpose of the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to play a part in the global energy transition. 4C Offshore is a leading provider of strategic market intelligence and consulting services to the flourishing offshore renewable energy and subsea power cables sectors. 4C creates value for customers by providing them with the market knowledge and insights needed for tactical and strategic decision-making.
4C’s clients include established market players and pioneering new entrants from across the entire value-chain. An opportunity has arisen for a motivated student to support 4C’s specialist Market Research Team.
You will take responsibility for improving 4C’s numerical models that feed into its databases, reports and supply and demand analysis. You will also support other team members in developing key insights, research and analysis.
You could be studying for a technical or business related undergraduate or postgraduate degree. You have strong numerical skills and a passion for renewable energy. You are happy to work in a team environment and will take responsibility for delivering quality analysis.
• A self-starter with a can-do attitude who takes responsibility for the completeness and quality of their work.
• Excellent numerical skills.
• Excellent communication skills. Comfortable with cold-calling in order to gather insights.
• Studying for a degree in a technical, numeric, or business-related discipline.
- Ensuring completeness of 4C’s information systems prior to undertaking any analysis. This will require you to undertake research into a specific aspect of the offshore wind industry, e.g., vessels, cables, turbines, foundations, substations and their suppliers. All data will be added into 4C’s information systems.
- Using empirical data validate and further develop 4C’s models to estimate the specification (e.g., length, MW, voltage, mass, diameter) and costs of components (e.g., turbines)
- Taking responsibility for ensuring proper quality control and completeness of 4C's information systems.
- Online research and direct contact with the supply chain. Be proactive with telephone and webinar engagement to pursue the latest information.
- Assisting with consulting projects by undertaking data research, some numerical analysis and report writing.
Working Hours & Wages:
How to apply:
Applicants must have a right to work in the UK
Send a copy of your CV and cover letter to Nicole Anderson (email@example.com) or apply at http://www.4coffshore.com/employment.aspx.
Applications without a cover letter will be rejected. Please state your available period for the internship.
The position is full-time 40hrs per week and based in Lowestoft, UK