Market Analyst / Floating Wind Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity to play your part in the global energy transition.
4C Offshore is a leading provider of strategic market intelligence and consulting services to the flourishing offshore renewable energy and subsea power cables sectors. 4C creates value for customers by providing them with the market knowledge and insights needed for tactical and strategic decision making.
4C’s clients include established market players and pioneering new entrants from across the entire value-chain. An opportunity has arisen for a motivated researcher to join our specialist Market Research Team.
You will take responsibility for a key topic area within one of 4C’s market-leading subscriptions, providing our global customer base with detailed project updates, news, forecasts and market reports. You will also support our Market Consulting Team with key insights, research and analysis.
You could come from a technical background and are interested in taking on a reporting and analytical role. Alternatively, you may have journalism or media training and a strong interest in renewable energy.
You will demonstrate a clear understanding of offshore renewable energy policies, project economics and commercial aspects of the offshore energy sector, with a good knowledge of the supply chain and industry developments.
- Monitoring of project pipelines, emerging technologies and contractors in the global offshore wind or and subsea power cable markets. You will be given focus areas which could include geographic or technology focus (e.g. floating wind).
- Maintenance of 4C’s information systems with accurate and engaging content.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring proper quality control and completeness of 4C's information systems.
- Monitor and report on the market context (regulatory issues, wider energy context, cost dynamics), market players (incumbents, new entrants, industry structure, corporate strategy etc) and technologies (including challenges) relating to your topic areas of responsibility.
- Researching and writing unique news articles.
- Engage with industry by developing a personal network of relationships across the supply chain. Be proactive with telephone and webinar engagement to pursue the latest information.
- Networking and presenting at industry events, and to clients
- Engaging with customers to ensure all support requests are dealt with in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Assisting with consulting projects by undertaking data research, some numerical analysis and report writing.
- Taking responsibility for service and product development be agreeing road maps and plans with Director of Research and implementing.
- Timely delivery of news articles, quarterly Slide Decks, Market Forecasts and online tools.
- Comprehensive, quality-controlled project databases.
- Satisfied subscribers.
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude who takes responsibility for the completeness and quality of their work.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Comfortable with cold-calling in order to gather insights.
- An undergraduate degree in a technical, numeric or business related discipline. A postgraduate qualification will be well regarded.
- Alternatively you may come from a media or journalism background and have a strong interest in renewable energy.
- Any experience of the following will be well regarded: Additional language skills, strong numerical skills, statistical knowledge, knowledge of MS Access/SQL, knowledge of Geographical Information Systems.
How to apply:
Applicants must have a right to work in the UK.
Send a copy of your CV and cover letter to HR (firstname.lastname@example.org) or apply at http://www.4coffshore.com/employment.aspx.
Applications without a cover letter will be automatically rejected.
Position is full time and based in Lowestoft, UK