Offshore Wind Market Consultant
Offshore Wind and Renewables
4C Offshore is a leading provider of strategic market intelligence and consulting services to the flourishing offshore renewable energy sector.
4C’s clients include established market players and pioneering new entrants from across the entire value-chain. Due to 4C’s continued growth, an opportunity has arisen for a motivated consultant to join our specialist market research team. You will demonstrate a clear understanding of global offshore renewable energy policies, project economics and commercial aspects of the offshore sector, with a strong knowledge of the supply chain and industry developments.
You will take the lead in securing and delivering successful consulting projects. You will do this by developing a deep understanding of client requirements, undertaking robust and insightful analysis and effectively coordinating internal team contributions.
- Meet revenue targets for consulting services by effectively communicating 4C’s capabilities and assets to potential clients, securing and delivering work.
- Work with potential clients to understand their requirements and provide them with straightforward proposals.
- Liaise with the Sales Manager and the Director of Research to ensure proposals meet objectives for revenue and quality.
- Lead, manage and contribute towards successful consulting projects. This will include directing and coordinating inputs across several team members.
- Undertake primary and secondary research using a range of methods, including proactive telephone based investigations, desk studies and detailed data analysis.
- Write clear and effective reports that present all work and findings in an engaging and simple manner.
- Attend client meetings and present at client offices and industry events
- When applicable, work closely with the research team to ensure the continued quality and completeness of 4C’s market leading intelligence services.
- Develop a personal network of relationships across the supply chain.
- You hold at least an undergraduate degree in a technical or numeric discipline (or equivalent) from a leading institution. A post-graduate qualification will be well regarded.
- Your experience to date could be from engineering, operations, research, strategy, pricing or business development. You do not need to have prior experience of offshore wind but you will be expected to have knowledge of the industry.
- You have a demonstrated ability to deliver small projects and coordinate the work of colleagues.
- You have proven skills to clearly articulate and communicate complex concepts, both verbally and in written form.
- Experience of descriptive statistics and predictive statistics.
- You have strong numerical skills, statistical knowledge, and are comfortable performing sophisticated analysis and forecasting in MS Excel.
- Knowledge of SQL beneficial but not mandatory.
- Role reports to 4C’s Director of Research.
- Full-time role.
- Based in Lowestoft, UK with some travel to client offices and trade events.
- Salary negotiable depending on experience.
How to apply
In the first instance, please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to HR (email@example.com) or apply at http://www.4coffshore.com/employment.aspx
Your cover letter will be used as a preliminary assessment of your written communication skills. Therefore, applications without a cover letter will be not be successful.
Position based in Lowestoft, UK
Job Type: Full-time
The closing date for this position: 15th of May, 2021