4C Offshore is a leading provider of strategic market intelligence and consulting services to the flourishing offshore renewable energy and subsea power cables sectors.
4C’s clients include established market players and pioneering new entrants from across the entire value-chain. Due to 4C’s continued growth, an opportunity has arisen for a motivated researcher to join our specialist Market Research Team.
You could come from a technical background and are interested in taking on a reporting and analytical role. Alternatively you may have journalism or media training and a strong interest in renewable energy.
You will take responsibility for one of 4C’s market-leading subscriptions, providing our global customer base with detailed project updates, news, forecasts and Insight Reports.
You will demonstrate a clear understanding of offshore renewable energy policies, project economics and commercial aspects of the offshore energy sector, with a good knowledge of the supply chain and industry developments.
- Monitoring of project pipelines, emerging technologies and contractors in the global offshore wind or and subsea power cable markets.
- Developing a personal network of relationships across the supply chain.
- Proactive telephone engagement with the industry to pursue the latest information.
- Networking and presenting at industry events.
- Undertaking extensive research to keep abreast of the latest trends and news.
- Maintenance of 4C’s information systems with accurate and engaging content.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring proper quality control and completeness of 4C's information systems.
- Writing news articles and reports.
- Engaging with customers to ensure all support requests are dealt with in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Assisting with consulting projects by undertaking data research, some numerical analysis and report writing.
- Timely delivery of news articles, quarterly Insight Reports and Market Forecasts.
- Comprehensive, quality controlled project databases.
- Satisfied subscribers.
- A self-starter with a can-do attitude who takes responsibility for the completeness and quality of their work.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Comfortable with cold-calling in order to gather insights.
- An undergraduate degree in a technical, numeric or business related discipline. A postgraduate qualification will be well regarded.
- Alternatively you may come from a media or journalism background and have a strong interest in renewable energy.
- Any experience of the following will be well regarded: Additional language skills, strong numerical skills, statistical knowledge, knowledge of MS Access/SQL, knowledge of Geographical Information Systems.
How to apply
Applicants must have a right to work in the UK.
Send a copy of your CV and cover letter to Nicole Anderson (email@example.com) or apply via the form here.
Applications without a cover letter will be rejected.
The closing date for this position: 24th of January 2020.
Position is full time and based in Lowestoft, UK.