Social Media Manager
Purpose of the role:
As a social media manager, you'll manage the organisation's online presence by developing a strategy, producing good content, analysing usage data, facilitating customer service and managing projects and campaigns.
Social media management is a distinct role in our large organisation. It will be combined with other marketing and communications responsibilities.
Only previous experienced candidates will be considered.
- develop creative and engaging social media strategies
- manage the day-to-day handling of all social media channels such as LinkedIn and Twitter, adapting content to suit different channels
- oversee, plan and deliver content across different platforms using scheduling tools
- create engaging multimedia content (and/or outsource this effectively) across multiple platforms
- develop, launch and manage new competitions and campaigns that promote our organisation and brand
- form key relationships with influencers across the social media platforms
- undertake audience research
- manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- monitor, track, analyse and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics
- research and evaluate the latest trends and techniques in order to find new and better ways of measuring social media activity
- analyse competitor activity
- recommend improvements to increase performance
- set targets to increase brand awareness and increase customer engagement
- manage, motivate and coach junior staff such as social media executives or assistants
- manage a budget for social media activities
- educate other staff on the use of social media and promote its use within your company (in-house roles)
- encourage collaboration across teams and departments
- regularly liaise with clients via telephone, email, conference calls or face-to-face (agency roles)
- liaise with third party companies on other marketing strategies
Working Hours & Wages:
- 5 days per week (40 hours)
- Base salary dependent on experience. £25,000-£29,400
How to apply:
Applicants must have a right to work in the UK
Send a copy of your CV and cover letter to HR (firstname.lastname@example.org).