SQL Administrator / Programmer
Purpose of the role:
The role is a varied SQL based role that allows the successful applicant to develop their knowledge regarding all aspects of SQL databases. There are a number of enterprise level applications that require future proofing and re-developing to enhance our functionality online and internally. The major task would be to restructure our current database solutions in a minimal 3rd form normalised way. As SQL database designer/developer you are responsible for designing and maintaining our internal and external databases. Managing the storage, optimise and secure the information held within the relational database systems. Testing, debugging and troubleshooting databases, and developing new databases in response to user needs or merging database information from older to newer systems.
- Development of high-quality database solutions
- Develop, implement and optimise current and new stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Review and interpret ongoing business report requirements
- Research current data structures
- Build appropriate and useful reporting deliverables
- Analyse existing SQL queries for performance improvements
- Suggest and provide new views/functions/queries
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration
- Provide timely scheduled management reporting
- Investigate exceptions with regard to asset movements
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft SQL Server
- Analysing trends, helping you forecast the future and solving any problems you identify.
- Develop and implement solutions for a wide range of internal and external planning and reporting challenges relating to company data
- Creating processes to extract and prepare data for quality reports and data management.
- Manage multiple complex projects to deliver innovative solutions.
- Must be experienced in: SQL Server, T-SQL and stored procedures. SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and business intelligence / data warehouse technologies.
- Strong general ETL / data integration experience
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to achieve results within tight deadlines
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot/resolve complex database issues
How to apply:
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
Send a copy of your CV and cover letter to Nicole Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or apply at http://www.4coffshore.com/employment.aspx.
The cover letter forms part of the application process. Therefore, kindly note that applications without a cover letter risk being rejected.
The closing date for this position: 17th July 2020
Position is full time and based in Lowestoft, UK