27 Jun 2022: Marine Licence Variation issued for the construction of the Export Cable. SG1A propose to install a single high voltage alternating current export cable from the Seagreen Alpha and Bravo Offshore Wind Farms to the national electricity network at Cockenzie, East Lothian. The cable extends to approximately 110 kilometres (“km”) in length and will be installed within a cable corridor which will vary in width, however it is anticipated that the maximum width of the cable corridor will be 1.6 km. The total area of the cable corridor is 116.3 km2 SG1A estimates that 80% of the export cable will be buried to a depth between 1m and 3m. The remaining 20% of the export cable will be protected by rock placement, concrete mattresses and grout bags. Horizontal directional drilling will be used for installation at the export cable’s shore end, and cast iron segments may be used for additional cable protection and stability at the offshore substation platform. SG1A applied for the construction works to take place from April 2023 to June 2024.
Location:
United Kingdom
Status:
Consent Authorised
Capacity:
500 MW
4C Offshore | Location Map: Lat(56.561) Lon(-1.867)

Subscribers can track wind farms on their dashboard.

Login to Improve Information Access

There are three levels of access, Free, Freemium (requires a sign-up – for free – and password access) and “Full” (Password access).
You need Full access to use the ForeSEE interactive system, access reports, updates, notes, news and downloads.

Sign up now!
Power & Turbines
Windfarm Capacity
500 MW
Turbine Model
Unlock with a freemium account
Other Turbine(s) Used
Min. Turbine Capacity (MW)
Max. Turbine Capacity (MW)
Min. Number of Turbines
Unlock with a freemium account
Max. Number of Turbines
Total Turbine Height
Hub Height
Rotor Diameter
Foundation Type
Unlock with a freemium account
Foundations on Wind Farm
Foundation Comments

Location & Environment
Sea Name
North Sea, Northern North Sea (Forth)
Latitude
56.561125°
Longitude
Area
Unlock with a freemium account
Depth Range (Chart Datum)
Depth Range (Stated by Developer)
Distance from Shore (Developer)
Unlock with a freemium account
Distance from Shore (Computed)

Ports
Installation Base
Unlock with a freemium account
Ops and Maintenance
Unlock with a freemium account

Grid
Number of Offshore Platform(s)
1
Shared Platform Type
Grid Connection Point
Unlock with a freemium account
Cable Landing Point

Export Cables (AC & DC)
Number of Export Cables (AC)
Unlock with a freemium account
Average Length per Cable (AC)
Additional Requirements (AC)
Nominal Voltage (AC)
Number of Export Cables (DC)
Average Length per Cable (DC)
Unlock with a freemium account
Additional Requirements (DC)
Nominal Voltage (DC)

Nominal Voltage
Comments

Onshore Cables
Number of Onshore Cables
Average Length per Cable
Comments
Expected Life