WhoshouldIsee Tracks
4C Offshore Empowering Intelligence

French SPIE takes over Correll Group

4C Offshore | Mark Casey
By: Mark Casey 08/12/2023 SPIE
Offshore Wind
SPIE, the independent European leader in multi-technical services in the areas of energy and communications, announced the acquisition of 85% of Correll Group, a leading player in engineering, installation, and maintenance services in the offshore wind sector.

Correll Group, a major player in electrical engineering applied to the offshore wind energy sector, stands out for its expertise in the connection and testing of submarine high-voltage cables for the interconnection of wind farms.

Correll deploys its expertise in the offshore wind sector all over the world, particularly in Europe (Atlantic, Baltic, and North Sea), the United States, and Taiwan. SPIE will acquire 85% of the share capital upon completion, while the remaining 15% will be retained by the management team.

For SPIE this acquisition represents a major step in its diversification strategy towards renewable energies implemented several years ago to support its customers in their energy transition.

Since 2020, SPIE has won several significant contracts in the French offshore wind sector, including two related to the Fécamp and Courseulles-sur-Mer offshore wind farms.

Christophe Bernhart, Managing Director of SPIE , said: “Our new name, SPIE Global Services Energy, perfectly highlights this strategic focus and demonstrates the Group's commitment and determination to take a leading role in the global transition towards low-carbon energy.”

Sam Dowey, Managing Director of Corell Group, said: “The offshore wind sector is expected to grow substantially over the coming years and by joining SPIE we will be able to become a partner of choice for our customers.”

SPIE expects to complete the transaction in January 2024, subject to customary closing conditions
.

For more information about offshore wind farm projects across the globe, click here.

Premium

ForeSEE Premium, our most popular subscription, gives you full access to use the ForeSEE WebApp which includes exclusive offshore wind, transmission and vessel reports, news and downloads.

Request a 30 minute Demo

Trending News!