Blue Tern

Heavy Maintenance and Construction

Vessel image
Heavy lift jack-up vessel Blue Tern was build under a 75/25 joint venture company formed by Keppel FELS and the Seafox Group. The vessel can carry up to twelve 3.6 MW turbines, six 6 MW turbines, three jackets or four tripods. The vessel has offices and conference room.

In December 2018, it was announced that Fred. Olsen Windcarrier had acquired 51% ownership of Seafox 5. Keppel Offshore and Marine Ltd holds the other 49% ownership of the vessel.

The vessel made its debut as part of the Fred. Olsen fleet working alongside Brave Tern on Hohe See OWF installing the turbines.

login to improve information access

There are three levels of access, Free, Freemium (requires a sign-up – for free – and password access) and “Full” (Password access).
You need Full access to use the ForeSEE interactive system, access reports, updates, notes, news and downloads. Sign up now!
General Information
Name
Blue Tern
Other Names
Seafox 5
Operator
Unlock with a freemium account
Vessel Category
Unlock with a freemium account
Vessel Classification
Has Heli Deck?
Flag

Build Information
Construction Country
Shipyard
Delivery Date
Year Last Converted

Main Characteristics
Length Overall (LOA)
Minimum Draft
Maximum Draft

Speed
Transit Speed
Maximum Speed

Cargo Deck
Free Deck Space
Max. Deck Load
Cargo
Deadweight

Jacking
Max Jacking Speed
Num legs
Leg length

Design Criteria
Max Operable Significant Wave Height
Max. Operable Tide Current
Max. Operable Wind Speed

Vessel Identification
Call Sign
IMO Number
MMSI

Positioning
Dynamic Positioning (DP) Class
DP Notes

Cranes
First Crane Capacity
First Crane Radius
First Crane Description
Second Crane Capacity
Second Crane Radius
Second Crane Description
Max. Lifting Capacity

Links
Operator Website
Vessel Spec.

Blue Tern has built up the following project/contract experience:

Experience on Interconnector(s)

No previous experience recorded.

Experience on Converter(s)

No previous experience recorded.

Copyright © 4C Offshore 2019

  • ISO 14001 173953 2015 AHSO GBR UKAS 2 | 4C Offshore
  • Achilles UVDB Supply Chain Community | 4C Offshore