TGS | Powered by 4C Offshore

4C is now TGS

We are excited to announce a significant milestone in 4C Offshore's journey. Our integration into the TGS family marks the beginning of a new era in offshore wind market intelligence.

Learn what this means for you!
12 Jul 2023: The Federal Network Agency announced results of the first non-examined tender following dynamic bidding process. Eight initial bids were submitted for the North Sea areas and nine bids for the Baltic Sea area with a bid value of zero cents per kilowatt hour. The bidder BP OFW Management 1 GmbH was awarded the contract for area N-11.1 at a bid value of EUR 1.83 million /MW, and the bidder North Sea OFW N12-1 GmbH & Co. KG (Total) for area N-12.1 at 1.875 million euros/MW, for the area N-12.2 the bidder BP OFW Management 3 GmbH at a bid value of 1.56 million euros/MW and for the area O-2.2 the bidder Baltic Sea OFW O2-2 GmbH & Co. KG (Total) at a bid value of EUR 2.07 million /MW.  This achieved a total of 12.6 billion euros. A total of 64 bidding rounds were conducted for site N-11.1, 65 bidding rounds for site N-12.1, 55 bidding rounds for site N-12.2 and 72 bidding rounds for site O-2.2. 5% of proceeds are towards the federal budget for marine conservation, and 5% to federal budget for fisheries. This first 10% is due within 12 months. The remaining 90%, allocated to the TSOs for the grid connection in order to reduce burden on the end consumer, will be paid over a 20-year period when the projects become operational in the next decade. With the award, the successful bidders are entitled to the implementation of a planning approval procedure for the construction and operation of wind turbines on the site as well as the right to connection and grid connection capacity.
Concept/Early Planning
2000 MW
4C Offshore | Location Map: Lat(54.723) Lon(6.375)

Subscribers can track wind farms on their dashboard.

General Information
Development Status
Concept/Early Planning
Category or Round
Unlock with a freemium account
Unlock with a freemium account
Unlock with a freemium account
Unlock with a freemium account



BP plc

BP plc

Operator-Offshore Transmission

50Hertz Offshore GmbH

50Hertz Offshore GmbH


BP plc

BP plc

Owner-Offshore Transmission

50Hertz Offshore GmbH

50Hertz Offshore GmbH

Offshore Construction Starts
Submitted For Consent
Consent Authorised
Financial Close
First Power
Full Commissioning
Unlock with a freemium account

Revenue Mechanism
Revenue Details
EUR 0/MWh (EUR 0/MWh)

How does the database work?

4C Offshore marine intelligence software provides you with exclusive access to a range of specialised services including the Global Offshore Wind Farm Database. 4C Offshore grants you exclusive access to online and offline databases, reports, newsletters, online tools and more.

There are three levels of access: Free, Freemium and Full. Freemium allows you to personalise notifications, use the search function and access more data.

You will need Full access to use the 4C Offshore interactive system, access reports, updates, news, downloads and more. To find out more about how 4C Offshore software works and the benefits of Full access, enquire below.

Sign up to Freemium Enquire about 4C Offshore
Power & Turbines
Windfarm Capacity
2000 MW
Turbine Model
Unlock with a freemium account
Other Turbine(s) Used
Min. Turbine Capacity (MW)
Max. Turbine Capacity (MW)
Min. Number of Turbines
Unlock with a freemium account
Max. Number of Turbines
Total Turbine Height
Hub Height
Rotor Diameter
Foundation Type
Unlock with a freemium account
Foundations on Wind Farm
Foundation Comments

Location & Environment
Sea Name
North Sea
Unlock with a freemium account
Depth Range (Chart Datum)
Depth Range (Stated by Developer)
Distance from Shore (Developer)
Unlock with a freemium account
Distance from Shore (Computed)

Installation Base
Unlock with a freemium account
Ops and Maintenance
Unlock with a freemium account

Number of Offshore Platform(s)
Shared Platform Type
Grid Connection Point
Unlock with a freemium account
Cable Landing Point

Export Cables (AC & DC)
Number of Export Cables (AC)
Unlock with a freemium account
Average Length per Cable (AC)
Additional Requirements (AC)
Nominal Voltage (AC)
Number of Export Cables (DC)
Average Length per Cable (DC)
Unlock with a freemium account
Additional Requirements (DC)
Nominal Voltage (DC)

Nominal Voltage

Onshore Cables
Number of Onshore Cables
Average Length per Cable
Expected Life