TGS | Powered by 4C Offshore

4C is now TGS

We are excited to announce a significant milestone in 4C Offshore's journey. Our integration into the TGS family marks the beginning of a new era in offshore wind market intelligence.

Learn what this means for you!
10 Aug 2023: The Federal Network Agency announced results of the 2023 pre-examined tender for sites N-3.5 (420 MW), N-3.6 (480 MW), N-6.6 (630 MW) and N-6.7 (270 MW). Nordseecluster B GmbH (RWE) was awarded the contract for sites N-3.5 and N-3.6. RWE Renewables Offshore HoldCo Four GmbH was awarded the site N-6.6, but Vattenfall Nordlicht II Offshore Wind GmbH has a right of entry which must be exercised by 14th September. Waterkant Energy GmbH (Luxcara) received for the area N-6.7. With the award, the successful bidders are entitled to the implementation of a planning approval procedure for the construction and operation of wind turbines on the site as well as the right to connection and grid connection capacity. RWE secured the N-3.5 and N-3.6 without a negative bid component. Financial bids for N-6.6 and N-6.7 two sites totalled €784 million. Developers were required to submit a financial bid value (60 points) in euros and a project description, which must contain information on four other qualitative criteria: Contribution to decarbonisation (5 points); Volume of supply (10 points); Noise pollution (10 points); and Contribution to skilled workers (10 points). The financial bid is uncapped. 90% of the bid component payment goes towards the TSO to achieve electricity cost reduction. This is paid on an annual basis over 20 years. 5% to the federal budget for marine conservation and 5% to federal budget for fisheries. This is paid, within 12 months of contract award, to the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection and the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture. A security deposit is determined from the bid amount multiplied by €200/kW for pre-examined sites. 25% of the security deposit is due by the bid deadline. The remaining 75% is due within three months of the award. Developers must meet set milestones and ensure commitments made for non-price criteria are met.
Concept/Early Planning
270 MW
4C Offshore | Location Map: Lat(54.361) Lon(5.845)

Subscribers can track wind farms on their dashboard.

General Information
Development Status
Concept/Early Planning
Category or Round
Unlock with a freemium account
Unlock with a freemium account
Unlock with a freemium account
Unlock with a freemium account



Waterkant Energy

Waterkant Energy

Operator-Offshore Transmission

Amprion GmbH

Amprion GmbH




Owner-Offshore Transmission

Amprion GmbH

Amprion GmbH

Offshore Construction Starts
Submitted For Consent
Consent Authorised
Financial Close
First Power
Full Commissioning
Unlock with a freemium account

Revenue Mechanism
Revenue Details
EUR 0/MWh (EUR 0/MWh)

How does the database work?

4C Offshore marine intelligence software provides you with exclusive access to a range of specialised services including the Global Offshore Wind Farm Database. 4C Offshore grants you exclusive access to online and offline databases, reports, newsletters, online tools and more.

There are three levels of access: Free, Freemium and Full. Freemium allows you to personalise notifications, use the search function and access more data.

You will need Full access to use the 4C Offshore interactive system, access reports, updates, news, downloads and more. To find out more about how 4C Offshore software works and the benefits of Full access, enquire below.

Sign up to Freemium Enquire about 4C Offshore
Power & Turbines
Windfarm Capacity
270 MW
Turbine Model
Unlock with a freemium account
Other Turbine(s) Used
Min. Turbine Capacity (MW)
Max. Turbine Capacity (MW)
Min. Number of Turbines
Unlock with a freemium account
Max. Number of Turbines
Total Turbine Height
Hub Height
Rotor Diameter
Foundation Type
Unlock with a freemium account
Foundations on Wind Farm
Foundation Comments

Location & Environment
Sea Name
North Sea
Unlock with a freemium account
Depth Range (Chart Datum)
Depth Range (Stated by Developer)
Distance from Shore (Developer)
Unlock with a freemium account
Distance from Shore (Computed)

Installation Base
Unlock with a freemium account
Ops and Maintenance
Unlock with a freemium account

Number of Offshore Platform(s)
Shared Platform Type
Grid Connection Point
Unlock with a freemium account
Cable Landing Point

Export Cables (AC & DC)
Number of Export Cables (AC)
Unlock with a freemium account
Average Length per Cable (AC)
Additional Requirements (AC)
Nominal Voltage (AC)
Number of Export Cables (DC)
Average Length per Cable (DC)
Unlock with a freemium account
Additional Requirements (DC)
Nominal Voltage (DC)

Nominal Voltage

Onshore Cables
Number of Onshore Cables
Average Length per Cable
Expected Life