12 Mar 2021: In March 2018, a complex €43 billion asset swap deal was announced between E.ON, Innogy and RWE. E.On retained a proportion of its participation in the Rampion offshore windfarm. A 30.1% stake was transferred from E.ON to RWE in 2019. In March 2021 RWE announced acquisition of an additional 20% stake from E.ON. Consequently, RWE now holds a majority stake (50.1%). The remaining 49.9% stake in Rampion is held by a Macquarie-led consortium (25%) and the Canadian energy company Enbridge (24.9%). The closing of the transaction is expected to take place in the first half of 2021.
Location:
United Kingdom
Status:
Fully Commissioned
Capacity:
400.2 MW
4C Offshore | Location Map: Lat(50.670) Lon(-0.276)

Subscribers can track wind farms on their dashboard.

General Information
Name
Rampion
Other Names
Hastings, Zone 6
Country
United Kingdom
Development Status
Fully Commissioned
Category or Round
Unlock with a freemium account
Region
Comments
Website

Developers/Owners/Operators
Type
Organisation
Operator-Offshore Transmission
Owner-Offshore Transmission

Offshore Construction Starts
Submitted For Consent
Consent Authorised
Financial Close
First Power
Full Commissioning

Revenue Mechanism
Revenue Details
Revenue
GBP 137.804/MWh (EUR 157.5/MWh)

Login to Improve Information Access

There are three levels of access, Free, Freemium (requires a sign-up – for free – and password access) and “Full” (Password access).
You need Full access to use the ForeSEE interactive system, access reports, updates, notes, news and downloads.

Sign up now!
Power & Turbines
Windfarm Capacity
400.2 MW
Turbine Model
Unlock with a freemium account
Other Turbine(s) Used
Min. Turbine Capacity (MW)
Max. Turbine Capacity (MW)
Min. Number of Turbines
Unlock with a freemium account
Max. Number of Turbines
Total Turbine Height
Hub Height
Rotor Diameter
Foundation Type
Unlock with a freemium account
Foundations on Wind Farm
Foundation Comments

Location & Environment
Sea Name
English Channel (Wight)
Latitude
50.670426°
Longitude
Area
Unlock with a freemium account
Depth Range (Chart Datum)
Depth Range (Stated by Developer)
Distance from Shore (Developer)
Unlock with a freemium account
Distance from Shore (Computed)

Ports
Installation Base
Unlock with a freemium account
Ops and Maintenance
Unlock with a freemium account

Grid
Number of Offshore Platform(s)
1
Shared Platform Type
Grid Connection Point
Cable Landing Point

Export Cables (AC & DC)
Number of Export Cables (AC)
Unlock with a freemium account
Average Length per Cable (AC)
Additional Requirements (AC)
Nominal Voltage (AC)
Number of Export Cables (DC)
Average Length per Cable (DC)
Unlock with a freemium account
Additional Requirements (DC)
Nominal Voltage (DC)

Nominal Voltage
Comments

Onshore Cables
Number of Onshore Cables
2
Average Length per Cable
Comments
Expected Life